USFWS Directorate positions open til Feb 15, 2016
In 2016, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) will partner with the Student Conservation Association (SCA) to administer the FWS Directorate Resource Assistant Fellows Program (DFP) for students and recent graduates interested in a conservation career. FWS will be providing the fellowship opportunities for undergraduate (rising seniors) and graduate students who are enrolled or are accepted for enrollment in a 4 year or higher degree program; and recent graduates who have completed a 4 year or higher degree program no earlier than December 2014.
Applicants must apply for the initial SCA screening by 2/15/2016.
- Complete an Internship/Corps Application online at thesca.org. NOTE: Please add the promo code PO-00693623 to your application to ensure your application is submitted for the DFP Program.
- Attach a resume and copy of your college transcripts (unofficial is acceptable), and two Letters of Recommendation if available, to your SCA application.
- The SCA application fee will be waived by contacting SCA recruiters at firstname.lastname@example.org or 603.543.1700 x1499 or if you have any questions.
- For more information, visit thesca.org/serve/program/fws-directorate-fellows.
- You will be notified by SCA of the next steps if you meet the minimum eligibility for the FWS DFP program.
The individual DFP project descriptions will be available soon for you to view and apply for after you meet the initial SCA screening.
- Launch your career working with professionals during a rigorous fellowship at the FWS.
- Get off to a good start during an orientation with other DFP Fellows and mentors
- Fellowships are located at FWS facilities across the US.
- Focus areas include biological sciences, natural resources, and refuge management.
- Housing in select areas/locations.
- Living allowance – paid bi-weekly.
- Travel allowance.
- Orientation at the FWS National Conservation Training Center in Shepherdstown, WV.
- Hand-on experience.
- Fellows may be eligible for a permanent position in the FWS after successfully completing their fellowship and/or degree requirements.
- US citizen or permanent resident.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Males born after December 31, 1959, and are at least 18 years of age, must register with the Selective Service System, unless they meet certain exemptions.
- Students who are enrolled or accepted for enrollment in an undergraduate (rising seniors) or graduate degree program; and recent graduates who have completed a 4 year or higher degree program no earlier than December 2014. GPA must be 3.0 or higher for undergraduates, graduates and recent graduates.
- Available for 12 weeks beginning in mid-May or mid-June 2016.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Demonstrated interest or experience in the conservation field.
For additional information contact a regional FWS Workforce Recruiter at:
Reasonable Accommodation Policy Statement
Federal agencies must provide a reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.